Tuesday, September 4, 2007

"Nipplegate" in Second Life?


I have read the past few days several blogs about that nipple affair, I think I am doing the right thing now, to support my fellow bloggers in their quest against the Linden Lab, once again for a stupid decision.
I can make a list here of all blog articles, but it was finally the article of Nadine, which persuaded me to blog about this too.
In fact it is all about the words of Iridium Linden, in a conversation to GavinLeigh:


"[10:10] Iridium Linden: Hi GavinLeigh. Thanks for your note. I did tell Vicero that bits (ex: nipples) could not be shown in a PG sim. Perhaps we can reassign your plot to a Mature Burning Life sim. I'll investigate and get back to you. Or perhaps you can make the breast without so much detail. I know that's a lot to ask, but let's see if we can find an alternative first."

This was supposed to be Art, and apparently nipples are forbidden in Art by the Lindens now.
So now they are definitely losing control. They don't know what to do anymore. We are in a mature second life, as all residents are above 18, or should be. And now they are saying that nipples are broadly offensive?
Is this not a bit too far? We are talking about an Art structure, a statue, with breasts and nipples. As my colleagues already said, Venus de Milo should not be seen in a PG SIM then! Do you understand what I am trying to say? No? Well, neither do I.

No comments: