Friday, January 18, 2008

Time to change....from blogstyle?

I lost something of value.

It was a tool for me, a help for having the latest news, to have an overview of most articles.

Now I have to find another way, to find the news, to find something to blog about, and that is not done in a few days.

So I want to apologize for not having the best articles lately, the most interesting ones, but I am working on it.

Being on the grid only, does not give you the content of the blog every day. You have to work on that, read other articles, surf around the metaverse. And for that, you need time, time that I don’t have…. But I managed it in the past….now I have to find a new method….or…only to post an article when something occurs in my direct neighborhood. But that would mean that there won’t be an article for several days, and I don’t like that at all. I like to blog, and I like that my blog is up to date with the most interesting news, at least what I think that could interest others.

Besides blogging, I take snapshots in Second Life and post process them. This is what I do, and this is what I have learned the past year. Posting my pictures every day on my blog, is not my intention, you have “Flickr” for that. What I am trying to tell is, that I need material to write about, and that I need the time to find this material. Every blogger has his/her way, and there are many possibilities. Only….I have to find the most suitable way for me.

Maybe I will change the way of blogging. More writing about experiences, about myself, Looker that is. But if I write about Looker, it is inevitable that pictures are involved, and looking in the past, those articles were not the most commented, except for a few ones.

Does Looker need to change in 2008? Not only from skin, but also from blogging?

What do you think, what do you want to read?

9 comments:

Zippora Zabelin said...

You are right... it costs a lot of time to blog: it's not only writing a few lines every day.
But to answer your question (geesh.. I'm the first, I hope there will follow more): what I like about your blog is the diversity of subjects. And to be honest, I'd prefer a weekly "real" post, than a daily copy&paste from other sources. Please don't bother to fulfil your readers' expectations, but keep it your *own* blog :)
Succes with finding your way in this ;-)

Unknown said...

I agree with Zippora - I enjoy the mix of topics you write about. Keep it *your* blog and get what you need out of it. Quality not quantity is the way to go, so don't let yourself be pressured to post daily. If you browse the many blogs on SL you'll see that each blogger/blogging team has a different posting frequency. Personally, I think I would really enjoy reading about your day to day experiences on the grid - especially with pictures to accompany the items! To be honest, I do not go to most people's Flikr streams. I am lazy that way, LOL. I think it is ok to have pictures on both places. In any case, I will continue to be a fan of your blog!!

Looker Lumet said...

Thank you Zippora and Tymmerie for your honest contribution. It makes me thinking..we will see what the future will bring us.

Chloe Streeter said...

I've been having some blog identity issues as well. Recently, I've been wondering why exactly I'm putting so much of myself into blogging. Is it really worth the work/grief?

I think you'll probably find a way to work this out for yourself. I think we all do. It's just a matter of figuring out exactly what purpose blogging serves for us and determining what it takes to maintain that.

Sorry about being vague and not very helpful, but I don't believe to be easy answers for this (at least, not for me).

Anonymous said...

Blogging is also a way to tell people your feelings about your SL.
How your experiences are day to day on the grid. What your hopes and projects are that you and other persons are working on. Bringing 'hot' news to the people. Showing them new places and tools.
I have seen you and your blog evolve in this year, Looker and it is amazing what you have learned. So keep up the good work to share the news with you readers, IF it s still fun to do 

Grtz

Inex

Joonie said...

I would love to hear more about Looker the avi...his feelings and experiences, his ideas and thoughts on SL, and also informative stuffs.

Love your blog, Looker. I have found that just because some posts have more comments than others, it isn't necessarily the ones most people enjoy.

Put what you want; it's your blog! :)

*hugs*
JJ

Looker Lumet said...

Well, thank you Chloe, it is indeed something I have to figure out myself, how much work would be worthwhile. But to be honest, the best thing that keep me going is to see that the viewers are increasing week after week, although without posting comments. So, Joonie, you are absolutely right by saying that it is not because there are only few comments, that the readers are not interested.
Yes Inex, it is still fun doing, especially when I hear (or read) all your comments. I had not really a blog issue, only some tools are gone, but nevertheless, thank you all, I appreciate all your comments, and they give me something where I can build on in the future. I am glad to know you like the things I've been doing so far.

Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan of not using one's blog as a personal journal. Although sometimes it is interesting to compare others' reactions to events to our own, I prefer to capture an idea or experience and chew on it and toss it around for others to explore.

Now that I have discovered blogging, it isn't a choice for me; it's a way of life. Being a writer I just can't imagine how empty I'd feel without this creative outlet.

So, in summary Looker, don't feel obligated to write your blog in a quantity vs. quality context. Sometimes the best posts come after a bit of reflection.

Looker Lumet said...

Thank you Cindy, I will keep all your comments in mind when I am about to blog. Maybe it will go a more personal direction, maybe not. Let's wait and see...;)