Saturday, October 6, 2007

Over the edge

I have a strong feeling and thought that I have to quit Second Life.
Yesterday evening was supposed to be another fun moment on the grid, but it turned out in a world of doubt and uncertainty, not to mention anger.
The irony is that I wrote about it in my previous post, that my main goal are friends. Well, I found out that SL is even worse as RL.
I don't need it here. Getting accused by so called friends, while there is no reason too, just because this" friend" has a quarrel with another friend. Pffft, I think they should ban "childplay";), let's grow up people. What do they seek in here? Why accusing people of something, they even don't know anything about? I will save you the details.;)
And at the end of the evening, I got the message that another friend is in risk of being accused by the Lindens of something that has never occurred.
What is the meaning of all this? I am getting really angry, by reading all this stuff.
I don't need that in Second Life, that is over the edge.

PS. I am not leaving right now, I still love the things I do in SL....but......without this.

6 comments:

tiana meriman said...

rather then dumping secodn life, i think dumping those drama friends would work just as well ^^ remember the mute button is your bestest friend ^^

Looker Lumet said...

you are probably right, Tiana. I will remember that button, ;))

Anonymous said...

tiana is right , mute them mate.

remember , second life is not real life... and stay bachelor in sl!

mute the dramaqueens...

Anonymous said...

Mmm... have you tried the "lololol" and "hehehe" approach ? Or the "I see..." with lots of ... ? It usually works with me, after a short time they get bored of not having any feedback and just let you alone ;)

Looker Lumet said...

LOL, that is indeed the perfect way to approach these things, Sand.
That will keep you at least from a nightmare, and it will not leave any marks behind.

And Pieter, don't you worry, I know there are still some good friends...;)

Unknown said...

...
This is my world,
And I am the World Leader Pretend.
This is my life, and this is my time,
I have been given the freedom to do as I see fit.
It’s high time I razed the walls that I’ve constructed.
...

out one of my "all time favorite" songs..
(World Leader Pretend by R.E.M)

and for me still one of the best guidelines on how to approach SL..


dont let those things affect you Looker... remember: its YOUR world, and YOUR imagination..