Sunday, November 18, 2007

Black Swan in Second Life

I was very busy the last few days in RL. That is why there are not too many articles in my blog lately. Sorry for that.
Even Windlight was difficult to try out, due to my responsibilities in RL, but yesterday, I took my chances, and tried several settings out with the Windlight viewer. What I noticed is that the current viewer is more laggy than the normal Second Life viewer. Not all is rezzing. When I logged in, my house stood only half in my screen. I did not know if half of it was gone, or just not rezzed. By accident I moved a piece of my house, and to correct that, I had to log in again with another viewer. And there it was...my house was still there...;)
To try the Windlight viewer out, I thought it would be good to visit the Black Swan Sim. I had the URL from a friend, and as she told me it was a nice place to take snapshots, it would be the best opportunity to do it with the Windlight viewer, despite the rezz problems.
And I must say, you can do great things with the new viewer. The water looks real, the clouds are beautiful. Enjoy the snapshots I took there, and tell me what you think.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

/me glad you visited Black Swan, it's the most beautiful place, isn't it? The pictures are wow!!!! Looker!! yeah!!!
Btw, the angel and the ballerina are for sale.
hugs and grtz
inex

Looker Lumet said...

Thanks Inex, it is indeed one of the most beautiful SIM's in Second Life, and certainly to visit with Windlight!!

Anonymous said...

however, for portraits I still prefer the regular viewer... our faces really look a lot more angular with the windlight one... or is it just me ?