Wednesday, February 13, 2008

First Look : Windlight Viewer (issue)!!!

Good news: there is a new Windlight viewer with fixed bugs to be downloaded here.
The official Linden blog reports this new update with the list of fixed bugs, which is of course good news.
Although......I am very disappointed.
I know...I hear you all say...there he is again. Sorry to repeat it, but the bug which makes me crash all the time, is not fixed yet.;((((
I understand, you will probably not have the same issue as I have lately, but I can assure you, it is not very pleasant to crash 12 times in 2 hours.
The only thing that I can do is to blog about it and to ask your help, so that Linden will do something about it.
I have noticed that my neighbour at Strawberry, Ponk Bing, has reported the very same issue already, so, all I need to do, is find as much support as possible, to vote for this issue to fix.
As you will probably know by now, the bugs can be reported through the issue tracker, also known as the Jira Issue tracker.
The description of the failure VWR-4361 is : "On holding Alt and clicking on an object or avatar whether near or far, even myself to move the camera, I often crash to the desktop.
This appears fairly randomly, but can strike at any time anywhere. Error reports are always sent and it's happening with increasing frequency. "

Now, I would like to ask if the readers of this article would possibly vote on this issue, so that Linden Lab would notice that it is a serious problem, for me at least ;) and my neighbour, and that we would be grateful to have this issue fixed as soon as possible.

Just follow the link , be sure to log in with your SL account, and then you can vote ( at the left side of the page). It would be highly appreciated if you, my readers, would help me in this issue.
I can not imagine that only a few residents have encountered this problem so far.
Thank you in advance!!

No comments: